- Nil is a community-curated NFT marketplace looking to harmonize the relationship between Creators Economy participants.
- Is a primary market focused NFT Marketplace
- Initially, the DAO will not charge primary fees
- Gives ownership to creators. Starting from now, creators will receive 66% of the newly generated $vNIL
- Integrates a decentralized curation mechanism (not live at launch)
- Offers a built-in audience + powerful distribution options for creators
- Has a focus on using the best and most decentralized technologies, including Arweave, to guarantee NFT metadata permanent storage
- Nil DAO is a decentralized autonomous organization leveraging the Nil Protocol.
- N is a collection of randomized numbers stored on a chain.
- Nil DAO is an independent DAO focused on offering creators a powerful launchpad while giving back to participants of the creator economy ownership over their platform.
- Nil DAO relies on N holders to incarnate a dual curator-collector role.
- Even though Nil DAO is strictly separated from the N project.
- All current marketplaces have been focusing their efforts on secondary sales while Nil is dedicated to offering a Primary Sale Market for creators and collectors.
- In addition, most of the market platforms are centralized, extracting value from creators' work while seizing ownership over their production means. Nil gives ownership to ecosystem participants.
- Finally, standard marketplaces operate a centralized curation model reducing the capacity for incoming artists to access visibility while also increasing the risk of insider trading, at the expense of collectors. Nil decentralizes the curation mechanism (not live at launch) to unlock new relationships between creators and their early supporters.
- Everyone can collect on Nil.
- Nil is a standard marketplace.
- Explore creations, enjoy the community curated model, and collect art in a purely decentralized way.
- Nil is a universal creator's launchpad.
- Creators can drop 1/1 single edition NFTs or a 10,000+ token collection. Nil supports the most popular forms of digital creations; generative art, handmade, 3d, photography, song, etc.
- Nil isn't constrained to any specific kind of art format.
- $NIL is the Nil DAO governance token.
- It can be used to
- earn $NIL
- generate Curation Power (CP) // Not live at launch
- Nil max total supply: 100m tokens
- Total $NIL in circulation on the secondary market: approximately 6,000 $NIL 48hours after inception.
- Total $NIL in the DAO: 300,000 $NIL (+ 2.7m $vNIL)
Similar to Bitcoin, the max supply of $NIL will not be minted for decades to come. This is to ensure the economic security of the project and that Nil is here to stay.
- 5% of the $NIL max total supply has been airdropped to creator economy participants under the form of $vNIL.
- 50% have been distributed to
All ArtBlock and EtherBlock creators+
Top 66 (in ETH toral revenues) Zora Creators+
Top 66 Foundations Creators+
Top 66 SuperRare Creators
- 30% have been distributed to N holders
- 20% have been distributed to
28 recognized figures of the Creator Economy+
Fidenza, Ringers and Autoglyphs holders
- All N holders received a fixed base of $vNIL during the Airdrop.
- The snapshot was taken on the 13th of October 6 pm CEST.
- A bonus multiplicator up to 3x has been applied to reward long-term N participants.
- Holder minted their N? x1,15
- Holder is diamond hand? x1.75
- Minted derivatives? x1,3
- Staked on Treasure? x1,15
- Staking is a long run yield generating design. By staking collectively rather than selling before the end of the vesting, stakeholders favour the long term value accrual of their $vNIL.
- Staking is an autonomous, longish strategy.
- CP is a spendable amount of points generated by curators ($NIL and N stakers). Curators allocate their CP to creators to signal support for their project.
- If a creator gains enough support, they become a Labeled Nil Creator. Having this title means that their initial curators share up to 20% of the $NIL generated by the creator. The CP mechanism is not live at launch.
- This is the targeted model though initial contributors should not take strong commitment regarding this. Our main priority is focused on ensuring the DAO’s initial success.
- CP utilization implicates challenges that need to be carefully handled
- Nil’s design fundamentally relies on the dual curator-collector role of N holders.
- When you stake your N, you will receive an NFT - Stake N - representing your stake (1 for each N staked).
Stake your N to generate Curation Power, curate creators and generate $NIL(unvested).
Mint with your staked N to collect premium pieces.
- $vNIL stands for vested $NIL, those tokens are non-transferable. $vNIL follows a 666 days streaming period, starting on October 28, where they can be progressively claimed for $NIL.
- The streaming is common to all $vNIL. It does not need to be activated by the $vNIL holder.
- Someone claiming his airdrop at day+30 will benefit from the already achieved streamed.
- The $vNIL streaming started on the 28th of October.
- Every $vNIL follows the same streaming.
- Staking enables you to earn $NIL and generate Curation Power Streaming is a time slot during which $vNIL becomes progressively claimable for $NIL.
- Nil introduces a peer-to-peer referral program encouraging active peer-collaboration. For introducing an artist, a sponsor will forever receive 6.66% of the $vNIL generated by their referred recipient.
- As of right now, the priority is to strengthen the community and to ensure the ecosystem is strong and self-sustainable on L1 before extending.
- Nil is for billions of users, ensuring scalability is part of the DAO’s next steps.
- Stake your $NIL and n to curate creators and get $NIL rewards for doing so.
- Participate in the Referal Program.
- Onboard, educate and support creators in their Nil journey. You will receive forever 6.66% of the $vNIL they generate.